GENERAL INFO FOR APPLICANTS
The REU Data System is designed to help students register for the Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) program and apply to Sites that are currently accepting a common application. Please read the following information carefully.
The common application enables applicants to complete their entire application online (for one or more participating REU Sites). After providing basic background information in the REU Data System, applicants will be asked to provide additional information and submit their application(s).
See the Sites in the common application tab for a complete list of Sites currently using the common application system. Students wishing to apply to any of these REU Sites must apply through this system.
Create an account here to start your application.
To complete your application, you will be asked to provide the following:
- Personal statement (limit 5,000 characters) describing your academic and career goals and how the REU program will help you achieve these goals. Please note that all Sites you apply to will be able to see this statement.
- A resume or curriculum vitae
- Unofficial college transcript (Sites may later request official transcripts directly from applicants).
- Contact information for two references, who will be contacted by email requesting that they complete a reference form through this system.
- Supplemental materials requested by specific Sites, such as writing samples or answers to additional questions. If you are applying to a Site that requires additional materials, the online application will prompt you to provide them.